Project managers are responsible for delivering high-quality results that meet customer expectations in a dynamic world of project management. Project managers must be able to work quickly and deliver quality results that exceed customer expectations within the given timeframe and budget. The project manager must also keep the spirits high for the team.
Agile is a value-driven approach to project management that allows project managers to efficiently deliver high quality and high-priority results. Agile project management allows for continuous releases and incorporates client feedback at each iteration. This iterative approach focuses on team inputs and scope flexibility. It also focuses on continuous improvement and delivering exceptional outcomes. Agile methodology uses “sprints” to reduce development cycles and allow for continuous improvement throughout the entire project management cycle.
Principles of Agile Project Management
Some software developers created and published an Agile Manifesto in 2001. It outlines four key principles and twelve principles that guide agile project management in software engineering.
1. Project managers must ensure customer satisfaction is a top priority. This can be achieved by delivering timely and efficient services.
2. To give the customer a competitive advantage, it is important to be open to changing requirements at every stage of the project management process.
3. Products or services must be delivered more frequently.
4. Developers and stakeholders must work together on a daily basis.
5. Projects must be built around motivated team members. They must be provided with the best support and tools to ensure maximum results. Trust must be shown in the team members to complete the tasks.
6. Face-to-face conversations provide the best way to communicate project information and ensure success.
7. The final outcome can be used to measure the success of a project.
8. Agile processes promote sustainable development. This allows stakeholders and developers to maintain a constant pace.
9. Technical excellence and compelling design are key areas to enhance project agility.
10. Simplety is one of the most important elements.
11. Self-organizing teams are adept at creating the best designs and architectures that meet the client’s needs.
12. The teams exhibit one of the traits: fine-tuning and then adapting behaviors at regular intervals.
Although the principles of agile project management may seem simple and straightforward, it is important to understand the methodology and create a plan for success.
NetCom Learning is a trusted PMI(r), partner for learning. We offer a variety of agile project management certifications and training courses through custom learning plans in your preferred mode. This includes private, classroom, instructor led blended on-site and online learning. We have a team that includes PMI(r),-certified and experienced instructors who have years of experience in agile project management.
Get a free assessment programquiz onBusiness to validate your skills