Networking is the engine that drives data exchange and expands businesses’ reach to every corner of this planet. Networking allows people to connect around the world and has contributed to every successful organization’s agility. There has been a dramatic increase in the number of networking opportunities due to the acceleration of the sector.
Recent surveys show that network professionals in entry-level positions can expect to make around $47,000 as technicians or junior administrators. Mid-level network professionals such as engineers and administrators can expect to earn between $66,000-84,000. According to Indeed, the average salary for network engineers in the United States is $88,450 per annum. On average, CCIEs and experts in networking earn around $116,000 These numbers clearly show that networking is a promising career that offers opportunities for job growth in a variety of roles.
Top Certifications and Job Openings in Networking
Global forecasts for 2022 predict that the Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization markets will grow at a CAGR (71.4%)
Many training companies claim to offer a variety of certification and network training courses that will help you get started in your IT networking career. The following top-selling vendor certification trainings are focused on the career opportunities and career paths shown in the above image.
1. CCENT: CCENT (Cisco Certified Entrance Networking Technician) is an entry-level program that teaches you basic network security principles in an enterprise branch. CCENT is the steppingstone to the CCNA.
2. CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), is the associate level for mastering networking skills in a variety of areas.
Routing and switching
You can choose to become proficient in your chosen area and pursue a career in the certified network domain.
3. CompTIA Network Plus: Provided by Computing Technology Industry Association, Network Plus or, more commonly, CompTIAN+ certification, Network Plus explains and validates technical knowledge necessary to design, configure and manage wired and wireless networks.
4. CCNP: The professional level certification for Cisco Certified Network Professionals and the next step towards becoming a CCNA. This training will improve your networking skills in the following areas.
Routing and switching
5. CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certifications represent the highest level of credentials. They are the result of extensive training and learning. CCIE is a continuously updated program that incorporates the most current testing tools and methodologies. CCIE is available in the following areas.
Routing and Switching
6. JNCIS ENT: Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing & Switching Expert (JNCIS-ENT) is a comprehensive certification program that will equip you with expert Juniper skills.
Layer 2 Switching and VLANs
Layer 2 Security
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
Intermediate System to Intermediate System
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
The Training Classes
These top networking courses have been developed and are offered by prominent training companies that are authorized to offer certification training courses from brands. NetCom Learning is a leader in offering networking certification courses in a variety of formats and schedules, including online, classroom, on-site, e-Learning, and blended. NetCom Learning is a network of IT professionals and certified networking professionals that will help you learn the skills needed to quickly increase your career opportunities in networking.
Click here to find out more about IT careers and to increase your professional knowledge with extensive training and certification courses for networking.